|Gary L. Simmons
|| rev 09/12/03
Anvil Physics Model Editor Reference
by Mark Levin
- "Strange Behavior" is anything Marathon doesn't or really
shouldn't do under normal circumstances, like vanishing items, weapons refusing
to fire, freezing, crashing, and rampancy. I take no responsibility for anything
that happens to you while editing Physics Models.
- If I say anything is "stupid" that's my own opinion. Something
I think looks stupid might be just what your PM needs.
- Units of measurement: Anvil usually uses Marathon's internal basic units,
which are 1024 BU = 1 Forge world unit [HAS]. However, some values don't
obey this format or are on some other even screwier scale(s). When there's
an explicit conversion factor to WU or BU I'll try to put it in but expect
to do plenty of tweaking for that perfect value.
- Name of field, menu, checkbox, whatever
- Description of the field. What it does, how to use it, neat tricks
it can do.
- See also:
- Other Anvil fields and categories that affect or are affected
by this field.
- Possible crashes: What it can't do,
how not to use it, values known to cause
it to crash, values that would probably cause a crash but haven't
For information on the rest of Anvil (especially Shapes editing),
check out HAS's Anvil Tips.
List of Contributors:
- Clarification of Visual Range and Dark Visual Range by Jason
- Physics notes and info from HAS added. (4/21/99)
- Notes on behavior of guided, bouncing projectiles from Mike
- Clarification of Stay with Clear Shot from Mike Forman. (4/23/99)
- Way too many tips to count added by HAS (5/25/99)
Send comments, broken
links, stuff I didn't know, etc. to Mark
Levin, who will then reply, fix them, add them with credit
to you, etc. respectively.